I love a bread that comes together 1,2,3. This is one of the easiest you will ever make. Promise.
Ok, maybe in 4. Whisk together the dry and wet ingredients in separate bowls. Fold the wet into the dry, scrape into a pan, bake and you're doneso.
No. Rise. Time. If you have guests coming over, if you are throwing a brunch together, then this healthy, tasty bread recipe is for you.
If you want to get fancy, throw a couple of tablespoons of fresh herbs into the dough for extra flavor.
No Rise Oatmeal Yogurt Whole Wheat Bread
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 1 large loaf
- 3+1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1+3/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg
- 2 cups plain full-fat yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease a large loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, rolled oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the egg and yogurt.
- Fold the wet ingredients into to the dry mixture.
- Transfer the mass to the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until the top forms a thick dark golden crust.
- Remove and let cool in the pan for at least 1/2 hour before removing the bread from the pan.
- Slice and serve.