Yeah, yeah, I know this is my second faux food posting in a row. In truth the more elaborate Easter post I had planned for today did not get done and these were quick and easy to make. Too much happening here now. But it's all good.
I remembered the basket weave mold I used for my Thanksgiving cornucopia cupcakes and hauled it out and used white candy melts, some almond candy oil for flavoring and brown food coloring.
These are a fun Passover treat.
- 1 package white candy melts
- Non-stick spray
- Almond (or your choice of) candy oil flavoring
- Basket weave mold
- Brown food coloring
- Small paintbrush
- Small or paper hand towel for blotting
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cover the mold with non-stick-spray.
- In a double boiler or a microwave heat half the melts stirring to smooth.
- Add almond flavoring.
- Pour over the mold and spread with an off set spatula.
- When candy has hardened, gently separate it from the mold.
- Repeat steps above to get two "matzahs".
- Trim the edges with a sharp knife.
- Fill a small bowl with 2 tablespoons of water.
- Dip the paintbrush in the water and then in the food coloring and brush onto the "matzah".
- Blot with towel.
These were amazing spread with a little organic peanut butter. Mmmmm.