These were created a few weeks ago during a biscotti making binge and they were delicious.
The idea came when I found different flavor leftover chips in my cabinet. Small amounts of cherry, butterscotch, white and bittersweet chocolate flavors were all hanging out so I decided to throw them all into this biscotti.
Glad I did. Each bite is a surprise of a different flavor or flavor combo and I love those little spots of color against the chocolate.
Chocolate Confetti Chip Biscotti
- 2 cups AP flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 cup Demerara sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chocolate liqueur
- 1/4 cup cherry chips
- 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs.
- Add chocolate liqueur and mix thoroughly.
- Add flour.
- Mix in chips.
- Form dough into two separate logs about 2" wide.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes.
- Slice the logs diagonally into cookies and place on cookie sheets.
- Return to oven for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.