This pudding is not overly sweet and you barely notice the alcohol. It's just the right texture, not too dry and not runny. The best part is even though the oven time is about 1 hour, you can throw it together in a jiffy.
Coconut Rum Raisin Matzoh Pudding
- 10 Matzoh
- 1 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup dark rum (I used spiced)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Break up matzoh with your hands, place in a shallow bowl or small baking dish and cover with water.
- Place raisins in a bowl and pour the rum over them.
- When matzoh becomes soft, squeeze out water and place in a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 8" x 8" baking dish.
- Place eggs and sugar in mixer and beat until creamy.
- Add vanilla.
- While mixer is running, slowly Pour in coconut milk.
- When everything is combined add the matzoh in in thirds.
- Drain raisins and add them to the batter.
- Add one tablespoon of rum to the batter and reserve the rest.
- Pour into baking dish and bake for 1 hour.
- After 45 minutes remove from oven,pour reserved rum over the top and cover the top with 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Return to oven for remaining baking time so the sugar can caramelize, about 15 minutes of until a knife inserted in the middle comes out dry.