Delicious. Easy. Elegant. Oh how I love those three words when it comes to the holiday entertaining roller coaster we all choose to hop on this time of year.
Over the past few seasons I have become a fan of serving a welcoming or special drink when guest arrive. Sometimes I put it in a pitcher for self serve, sometimes in glasses on a tray for guests to help themselves.
This cuts down on running around and serving drinks as people walk in the door, freeing me up to spend more time with my guests. Love that.
When creating party cocktails I like to start with something common or basic and then layer in other flavors to make the drink more interesting and festive.
For this specialty drink, I started with a very pedestrian sangria idea. The pomegranate elevates it a bit, prosecco adds festivity and the Asian pear brings elegance. In plain words it's delicious and the perfect way to start a lovely evening.
Pomegranate Sparkling Sangria
with Asian Pear
- 1 bottle Red Wine
- 1 split (half bottle) Prosecco
- 1 cup Pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup simple syrup
- seeds from 1 whole pomegranate
- 2 asian pears sliced thinly
- In a large bowl or pot mix together all the ingredients.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Pour into a pitcher or..
- If using glasses, reserve some of the pomegranate seeds and pear slices and garnish by adding a few pomegranate seeds to each glass and an Asian pear slice in the rim.
The Districtchocoholic's Richmond Marathon: How to Recover Like a Boss
Cake Wreck's Keen for Quinoa
Bake at 350's Coffee, Tea, or...
Cake Wreck's Return of the Poo Wangs!
The Art of Being Perfect's Naughty Little Monster in Japan