Here on the East Coast of the USA, we're ramping up for a three day Memorial Day weekend celebration. (haha, see what I did there?) It's time to bust out the barbecue for the season. People will be gathering in homes and on decks and patios all across America with family and friends and consuming delicious food.
So I may or may not have a few more ramp recipes up my sleeve this season. We had such a long winter here in the USA. It seemed to take forever to get spring produce in our farmers' markets.
For weeks I went looking for ramps. There were none and then the ones that were available were well, just say they were sad. When I finally spotted big pretty beautiful ones I couldn't resist. Maybe I couldn't resist a few times.
This recipe is super simple. To make the ramp crust for the chops, throw most of the ingredients into a blender, puree and then stir in the breadcrumbs. Use regular breadcrumbs if you don't have the panko version.
Sear the chops before coating with the ramp mixture, bake and you are donezo. Serve with a simple lettuce and tomato salad for a light spring meal.
Wishing everyone who is celebrating a wonderful weekend!
Cook/Bake Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 servingsIngredients:
- 6 boneless pork chops
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh ramps (washed and trimmed)
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon plus 3-4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Rinse the pork chops and pat dry. Season each side with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Place the ramps and the rest of the olive oil in a blender or food processor, one tablespoon at a time. Pulse until pureed.
- Mix in the breadcrumbs and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add more olive oil if the mixture is too thick to spread
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. when the oil is nice and hot sear the pork chops on each side for two minutes. Remove from the pan and arrange on the baking sheet.
- Spread the ramp mixture evenly on top of each of the four pork chops.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Plate and serve.
More ramp recipes perfect for a weekend barbecue:
|Ramp Sunflower Seed Potato Salad|
|Ramp Potato Swirl Rolls|
|Egg Noodles in Ramp Horseradish Cream|
|Asparagus with Creamy Ramp Goat Cheese Sauce|
|Cheesy Ramp Basil Pull-Apart Bread|
|Ramp Cherry Tomato Tart with Parmesan Crust|
|Whole Wheat Ramp Walnut Bread|
|Ramp Shallot Knoedel|