Seems like I'm all about creamy carrot recipes this season. I'm following up my creamy carrot sauerkraut recipe with creamy carrot soup. Except instead of sour, this soup is sweet and hearty.
The pretty color and wonderful flavor of this lovely Easter menu inspired soup recipe is perfect for impressing your holiday guests.
This recipe serves four people and is easily doubled if needed. However, If you are cooking an Easter feast, you could do six smaller portions or stretch the recipe even more by serving the soup. as shooters for appetizers.
Potatoes give the recipe some heft but mostly what you taste is creamy honeyed carrot flavor. This soup is substantial both in texture and taste.
I'm touting this recipe for Easter but its non-seasonal ingredients make it work perfectly for fall and winter meals as well.
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servingsIngredients:
- 1 lb carrots
- 1/2 lb potatoes
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2+1/2 cups vegetable broth
- Scant 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Parsley for garnish (optional)
- Peel the carrots and potatoes and cut into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the carrot and potato pieces. Stir to coat and cook for 4-5-minutes, stirring.
- Add the vegetable broth and orange juice to the pot. to the pot.
- Bring to a boil then turn the heat down to low and simmer for 20 minutes. stirring occasionally.
- Use a stick blender to puree the mixture. Alternately transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor and puree then return to the pot.
- Add the cream and the honey to the pureed mixture.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Season with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Transfer to bowls or a soup tureen and serve.
Try these other delicious spring soup recipes:
|Creamy Potato Spring Vegetable Soup with Sunflower Seed Pesto Croutons|
|Radish Mint Soup|