Happy Valentine's Day party people! For this celebration of love, what's more romantic than a cocktail filled with roses?
Tonight people in many places of the world are toasting to romance. I'll be making these at my house.
This cocktail a vodka based martini. I added rose flavored syrup and a splash of rosewater. Yes. It tastes like roses. No, it does not taste like perfume, at least to me anyway.
For an extra decorative touch, I embellished the martini glass rims with rose sugar. The rose sugar can be made the day of but store it in a tightly sealed plastic container for future use. You can add it to decorate cookies or other baked goods.
For another beautiful garnish idea, use fresh (non-sprayed) rose petals.
I created this cocktail with a single girl's Valentine's celebration in mind. Unless your fella is a Girl Drink Drunk, this cocktail probably is not for him.
Whether you are single or paired, enjoy your day!
Yield: 2 martinisIngredients:
For the Rose Sugar:
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon crushed dried rosebuds or rose petals.
- In a small separate bowl mix the white granulated sugar together with the dried rose petals. Spread the mixture out on a small flat plate.
- Dip the rims of 2 martini glasses in water and then into the plate of rose sugar.
- Combine the vodka, rose syrup and rose water in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake and pour into the prepared glasses straining the ice.
- Garnish with a dried rosebud or two.
Like Flavored Vodka Martinis? Try These:
|Root Beer Martini|