These lovely savory snacks are a cross between a cracker and a savory cookie. Great on their own, they also are a tasty addition to any cheese board or platter.
I served them with a dab of warm cream cheese on them and they were a huge hit.
The best part is the recipe comes together in a cinch. Mix the ingredients together, roll into a log, chill, slice, and bake.
Of course, I tried to make the recipe more complicated by toasting the cumin seeds first. They get plenty toasted in the oven while baking so note to self: skip this step in the future. Toasting them did make my kitchen smell amazing though.
Sometimes, it's the little things...
Try these for your next gathering. Your guests will not be disappointed.
Chill Time: 1 hour
Bake time: 25 minutes
Yield: 2 dozenIngredients:
- 3 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1+1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Beat together the blue cheese, parmesan cheese, butter and egg yolks.
- add the flour.
- Form the dough into a log.
- Place the cumin seeds on a flat plate and roll the log in the seeds.
- Wrap the log in plastic cling film and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and use a sharp knife to cut the log into 1/2 inch rounds.
- Arrange the rounds on the baking sheet, place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a baking sheet to cool completely.
Try this other easy peasy recipe with blue cheese:
|Baked Pears with Walnuts & Blue Cheese|