In honor of National Women & Girls' HIV/AIDS Awareness Day, and because every year on March 10th, this blog Rocks the Red Pump, I am painting my blog red today with a roundup of fun and delicious red velvet baking recipes.
THE RED PUMP PROJECT is a national nonprofit organization that raises awareness about the impact of HIV/AIDS on women and girls. The organization uses red shoes to get attention. The idea is to talk about the epidemic, empower and educate and decrease the stigma associated with it.
From the Rock the Red Pump's website:
In observance of NWGHAAD, our signature Rock the Red Pump® (#RocktheRedPump) Campaign generates conversation both online and offline about the issue of HIV/AIDS and how it affects women.
The campaign aims to:
- Start and drive conversation about the epidemic so people can think critically about it
- Decrease stigma attached to the epidemic, taking the silence out of it
- Be a voice of the people, and create a platform for women around the country (and world) to talk about their connection to the epidemic (“Why we Rock the Red Pump”)
- Educate women with information about the disease so they can make better decisions with their bodies
- Stand in support and solidarity with women infected and affected with the disease to show they are not alone
- Since 2009, we’ve asked women all around the country (and around the world) to put on their favorite pair of red shoes (pumps, sneakers, flats, sandals) on March 10. We want women to #RocktheRedPump to offer support, encourage discussion, and teach women and girls about prevention of HIV, the importance of getting tested for HIV, and how to live with and manage HIV/AIDS.
- We’ve also asked bloggers and other digital influencers to place one of our custom badges on their websites use their platforms to amplify the message. Then on NWGHAAD, people across the blogosphere dedicate their posts to talking about the impact of HIV/AIDS on women and girls.
First up in the roundup, because it is Macaron Monday, let's start with these delicious French macarons:
|Red Velvet French Macarons with Chocolate Liqueur Ganache Filling|
Jumping now from Red Velvet Macarons to Red Velvet Macaroons:
|Red Velvet Macaroons|
I made these red velvet with chocolate truffles for World AIDS Day 2014:
People were talking when I posted these Red Velvet Fondant lip shaped cookies because, you know, the sparkle....
Red velvet flavor is the star of this homemade cashew brittle:
And what would a roundup be here without cupcakes and ice cream?