German Apple Whipped Cream Dessert
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice.
- 6 large apples (any red variety that is firm and crisp)
- Chill the bowl of your mixer or the bowl you will use to whip the cream in for 20 minutes.
- Remove the chilled mixing bowl from the refrigerator, add the heavy cream and whip until the cream just begins to thicken.
- Slowly pour in 3 tablespoons of the white granulated sugar while the cream is whipping.
- Add the pure vanilla extract. whip to thoroughly combine. Stop beating the cream when it makes stiff peaks off of the whisk attachment or electric beaters.
- Cover the mixing bowl containing the whipped cream with plastic cling film and place in the refrigerator.
- In a large bowl whisk together the freshly squeezed orange juice, lemon juice and the remaining three tablespoons of white granulated sugar.
- Working with one apple at a time, quarter, peel and core each apple, then grate the apple flesh into the sugared juice mixture.
- After grating each apple, mix the grated pieces thoroughly in with the juice, making sure everything is fully coated to prevent the pieces from discoloring. Repeat with all 6 apples.When discarding the peels and the rest, you may want to set aside some apple peels to use as garnish. You can also set aside about a 1/4 cup of the grated apple mixture to use as addition decoration for the finished dessert.
- You can delay serving the dish up to one hour before. If you would like this option, tightly cover the bowl containing the grated apple mixture with plastic cling film and place in the refrigerator until you are ready to mix it together with the cream and serve.
- If you want to serve the dessert immediately, remove the whipped cream from the fridge and mix together with the grated apples.
- Spoon the combined mixture into dessert or parfait glasses. Garnish with a bit of the grated apple mixture and slivers of apple peels, if desired.
- Serve immediately.