Between myself and my guests, the brandy disappears quickly, especially in these cold winter months.
So finally I bought two bottles at once and was able to eek out these Ginger Brandy Chocolate truffles before it all went away.
I expect these will disappear at the same rate, if not quicker. I mean add chocolate to ginger and brandy and you get what you expect. Amazingness.
Ginger Brandy Chocolate Truffles
- 8 ounces of semi sweet good quality chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons ginger brandy
- 2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- Place the chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat the butter and heavy cream over medium heat until just boiling.
- Remove the pan from the stove and slowly pour the mixture over the chocolate chips.
- Let stand a minutes, then whisk to combine the liquid with the melted chocolate chips.
- Whisk in the ginger brandy.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours or until mixture become firm.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the white sugar and ginger powder.
- Remove the truffle mixture from the refrigerator and use a teaspoon or melon baller to portion out the truffles.
- Roll the truffle between your hands to make it round and place in the bowl with the sugar, ground ginger mix.
- Roll the truffle in the mixture and set aside on a separate plate.
- Repeat until you have used up all the ginger brandy chocolate truffle mixture.
- Place the plate with the finished truffles in the refrigerator until ready to serve.