I'll bet most of you were thinking the same thing. At the risk of being all Scroogee on New Year's Eve, have we all not had it up to here with holiday baking? I noticed how many bloggers brilliantly cooked and baked their asses off this month. It all was amazing and sometimes simultaneously exhausting to read.
Ok, mostly I loved every minute of it but I am looking forward to making non red and green things in January.
I had some leftover chocolate and took the lazy girl's way out for my last post of the year and made bark. I love this combination. White chocolate brought the sweet. Dried cranberries brought the tart. And macadamia nuts brought a salty neutrality to it all.
Santa's Hangover Christmas BarkIngredients:
- 8 ounces white chocolate
- 8 ounces green colored white chocolate or candy melts
- 8 ounces red colored white chocolate or candy melts
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup salted macadamia nuts chopped
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Separate chocolate by color into three different microwave safe bowls.
- Microwave the chocolate 30 seconds at a time stirring frequently until melted.
- If you are coloring the chocolate stir in the color when chocolate has melted.
- One by one, empty the bowls of chocolate onto the baking paper overlapping the colors.
- With a fork, tooth pick, chopstick, etc. swirl the colors together.
- Sprinkle the dried cranberries and nuts evenly over the chocolate and let cool.
- When cool and solid use a sharp knife to break the bark into pieces.
Speaking of breaking, what did break up the baking monotony was reading these funny posts. Get yourself a hot beverage, a glass of wine or sip your first glass of New Year's eve champagne and sit back and enjoy...
Endless Simmer's Terrine Tragedy.
Cookies and Cups gives us the lowdown on her Santa Cam.
Leena Eats says Please Don't Eat the Children.
Hot Polkadot breaks up with her Exercise Bike for the holidays.
Not So Humble Pie's iconic Eggplant post.
Sippity Sup's foiled persimmon caper.
Confections of a Master Baker has delusions of Sugarplums.
Off the Meat Hook's Christmas Cabana.
A Cozy Kitchen multitasks soup and a manicure.
Christoph Niemann's brilliant Let it Dough!
Lentil Breakdown's biscotti with cleavage.
Moogie of Moogie & Pap forgets the pictures.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!